Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing the Music Video

     A couple days ago we edited the music video. If I’m going to be honest, Rafael did mostly all of it. He does have the most knowledge about editing then me or Angelo. I’m not sure how he knows what he does. In this blog I will be talking about how our music video was edited.
     First came putting all the scenes together. This wasn’t too difficult. Since most of our shots didn’t have too much excess footage it wasn’t too long. We obviously had to sort the scenes in chronological order. This was based mostly on the storyboard. Since we diverted from the origin plan it doesn’t link up completely. We also didn’t film everything from first scene to last scene. In fact, the first scene we filmed was the last scene. After we joined the clips together, in the correct order, we edited extra parts out. These include me saying start or go and any extra time the actor took after I pressed record. When filming we made a lot of background noise. In the clips you can hear talking and laughing. There were also a lot of directions in the audio, this helped a lot during the filming process. Ultimately, from the beginning we know we were going to edit these sounds out. This was quite easy all you had to do was mute the audio on all of them. Next came putting the song over the scenes. Each clip had its own part of the song it was supposed to go with. The song was layered over the original muted audio. From here we cut down the scenes so that they would correspond with the lyrics. This proved a bit more time consuming than expected. It’s a good thing while filming we made the shots while playing the music. This really helped to ensure a clip was not too short. This would have really messed things up for all the scenes. After this came the transitions. We decided on them being short and somewhat abrupt because the song is like that, it shifts from one second to the other. For others, we did fades. I wanted to add filters over the video to differentiate each scene even more. However, I brought this up rather late and my teammates felt it was unnecessary. Overall, I feel our music video is pretty mediocre. The whole process itself is a lot harder than I thought. The part I feel is the hardest is filming and the shots coming out not looking like a bunch of kids who’re just trying something out. I wanted it to look and give a more professional feel. For my next filming project I will try hard to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment