Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

   The whole year I’ve been preparing for my upcoming project. I am excited to start it and share the process with you. Compared to how I began in the beginning of the year, my knowledge of the process of filming a video has grown so much. Especially now, since I’ll get a chance to exercise all the skills I’ve developed. I haven’t liked being in front of cameras for some years now. Despite of that, I do like AICE Media. It’s rather peculiar when I really think about it because I hate being in front of cameras, but like being behind them. This time around, I won’t be working with the same group I did for the last two projects done in class. One of the two boys I had worked with before had his mind set on a basketball themed final task, me and my partner weren’t fans of the idea. Him and I combined with two other friends to make up our final group: me, Mariapaula, Darwin, and Rafael.
     As I said earlier, I’ve learned a lot about the filming process. There’s much more to learn and much more I need to improve on, but I’ve gained knowledge from past projects. I’ve learned that, when filming, shots usually don’t come out the way you expected them to. You see so many professional shots on television and in theaters that you expect your shots to come out as such. Checking your shots, in the moment, and taking many of them are the best things to do. Lighting is  extremely important  when filming (I learned this the hard way), poor lighting can cause your scenes to look grainy.I’ve also learned not to rely on too many interchangeable variables. The class and my teacher have taught me all about camera angles, shots, and movement. I’m excited to use many different types of angles and editing, like cross cutting and graphic matches. In past assignments I always had to edit out a lot of content that I wanted to keep. I’m excited to see how this longer time frame accommodates our new content.
     Lastly, we’ve came up with a couple pitches. A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea in around 25 words or less. It has to catch someone attention quickly, enough for them to want to keep listening. The first pitch, made by one of my group members, was that two friends in a pool get electrocuted by a phone and swap bodies. After being electrocuted the friends are rather confused and look for a solution. The second pitch, made by me, was a girl, on her way to hangout with friends, is abducted. The story would alternate between her perspective and the kidnappers to get a full understanding of both characters. The third pitch was a teen love story. The boy is using the girl for her smarts, but eventually they fall in love. We had a hard time coming up with ideas we all liked.

Pictures of us discussing:

No comments:

Post a Comment