Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming: the beginning

     On Monday, me and my group got together to begin filming our opening sequence. Rafael and I got to Mariapaula's house at approximately 1:20. We waited for Macy who we would be helping us with filming and she arrived about 20 minutes later. We were a bit slow to start filming, we lounged around for about 30 minutes and then started the work. I wasn't needed very much through out the process. I filmed some scenes, which I will talk about later, but other than that I was not an actress in it. The first couple of scenes were supposed to be quiet simple. However, this took about an hour just for the first two scenes. The establishing shot was quick and easy, as expected. The scene with darwin shaving however took a lot longer because Darwin didn’t really know how to shave. I had to refilm this scene multiple times and am honestly not so happy with the final replay. It’s a scene I already plan to film again on the next filming day. Not to mention that the scene I shot doesn't really fit the mood nor the time frame. This one scene is about 6 seconds long, which in my opinion is too long for a scene that has no dialogue and doesn’t hold any necessary information. In the same scene Darwin walks away but when I reviewed it at the end of the filming day, I realized he almost waddles away. The position in which he walked was rather awkward and further coaching will be needed on the next filming day. Otherwise than this, while I filmed the trunk scene I didn’t notice how long Darwin took to load up the props. I was only rewatching to see if it looked sufficient but in my doing so I relied on editing to shorten things. Overall, the results the first part of my filming experience has been a tiny bit stressful. Cooperation from all of my teams members is needed. I hope that next filming day I can work with them a bit better and get better results.



No comments:

Post a Comment