Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing: a partners solo task

     At this point we’ve finished filming about seventy-percent of our opening scene. My group and I will still need about another day to film the remaining thirty-percent, which was been rescheduled for tomorrow. This is a good time to stop and being the editing process. However, we didn’t do this together, although we should have. Mariapaula (my favorite group member) did this by herself this time but I’ll make sure we try our best to edit together next time. All she’s done so far is join all the flips together chronologically and shave off some time. When I was filming I could tell this is something that was going to be necessary for our film to not exceed the time limit.
     I honestly did not play a role in this. The only thing I did was when she finished me and my other teammates reviewed it. Honestly, I really liked it. I’m surprised because I’m my last projects I’ve felt sort of unsatisfied with the first draft, even if it was unfinished. I’m looking forward to helping her or whoever edits next in the future. None of the titles have been added yet but when they are I feel it’s my duty to make sure they’re good.
     Getting down to business though, I couldn’t help Mariapaula edit because I was helping another girl with her own project. In hers, I play the role of an assassin who gets her next and last target. She asked me to help her with quite a lot of time in advance and I couldn’t cancel on her. I did many scenes with her; although, I’m not sure how much of her film is done. This process was also pretty fast. She felt satisfied after about one or two shots of each scene. However, the scene with dialect did take quite a bit of tries. I honestly feel the words in the lines were in a weird order. It was also the last scene we did that day and it was outside on a street. Cars kept coming and we, of course, moved out of the way each time for safety reasons. Enough of my excuses, next time I will contribute more to the editing process, especially since this first part didn’t require too much decision making, and the next parts probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment