Thursday, March 5, 2020

The First Peer Review



     In AICE Media class we participated in a peer review. The pictures above show what I spotted and didn't see in this groups rough draft. Their video does need some improvement. However, I would like to talk about what I did like about their opening scene. All throughout their film the lighting is pretty good. It was bright, sunny and although it doesn’t exactly match their plot it makes everything very easy to see; there is no blurriness. The camera quality of the scenes is good as well. One of the first scenes was probably my favorite. Two boys are looking at this girl through bookshelves and I think it was kind of different. Most scenes that're filmed by high school students, such as myself, are quite generic. Although, I have seen scenes like this before it wasn’t as generic as what I usually see. It might sound a bit harsh but I did feel a bit of the other scenes were a little too common and a tad bit confusing. Returning to the library scene the lighting in it is pretty good, especially for a library, it was bright but not dull. The scenes where the kidnappers are in the car is also very well lit; the colors in the background are very bright and add some depth to the clips. 
    This leads me into what I feel this group should improve on. They definitely have to link their scenes better. The transitions from scene to scene are quite choppy, they might want to include fade in and outs. This choppiness might be due to the fact that they haven’t had much time to edit their clips so they were probably planning to fix this despite of this feedback. I feel that a better blend in between scenes would improve the film as a whole. There is another improvement I would suggest but I feel that it’s too harsh, I shouldn’t be too critical of theirs and make sure mine is ready to go instead. I do hope they fix this however, and look forward to getting feedback on my own film very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment