Monday, March 16, 2020

Editing: the big mistake

     After the last day of filming, it was then time to add on all the scenes to the film. Mariapaula started this process when we all left her house. I wasn’t much help in that case. However, when I was home I received a FaceTime call from her; which I felt was weird because she knows I don’t really like to FaceTime. When I answered she seemed quite stressed out and upset. She proceeded to tell me that she had accidentally erased footage that we were going to use. While she was selecting the extra footage that we weren’t going to need she forgot to deselect the scene of Darwin driving away in the house. This scene had taken quite a while because we had to refilm it on the second day because of the car availability. I tried comforting her by saying it happens, it was a mistake, it’s okay. She continued to tell me that she tried telling Darwin we might need another day of filming. I feel that all of us were tired of having to go to Mariapaula’s house because it was inconvenient and after the very busy school week I didn’t want to spend the time I had off to film. I know what I said sounds quite bad but it is how I felt. I did tell her that if we had to film again I would go because getting our film done was more important. She said that Darwin had told her that filming was a waste of his time and she was very upset about it. She then asked me to try to convince him. I didn’t really think I could, but I tried anyways. I texted him trying to be nice but he never replied to what I said and instead ignored it and ignored the subject. I didn’t want to argue so I just let him be and went back to Mariapaula, who was trying to find alternative methods to recovering the scene. I tried looking up methods of recovering as well but all required payments. I told her that if that’s what it would take, I would pay for it and to go ahead and do it. However, she decided not to, she said she wasn’t sure it would work anyways. So I started to think about more ways to solve this problem without another day of filming. I said to Mariapaula “Do we even need the scene?” She seemed a bit hesitant but I told her it wouldn’t affect the fluidity of the film. She still seemed quite stressed and was blaming herself so I told her to stop stressing and that the rest of the group members and I would do the rest. I continued on the call with her and eventually got her to cheer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment