Friday, March 20, 2020

Editing from scratch

     Due to the very serious situations that took place in my last blog, I decided Mariapaula should not stress herself as much as she was. I told her that the rest of the group and I would be handling the rest of the editing. There was a problem with this because of how she had began to compile the scenes together on iMovie. iMovie is an editing software which is only on Apple devices. Rafael was the main editor in the last two projects that he was apart of. Darwin was the editor for his past groups too, however, I feel he does not do well with responsibility. Because of these circumstances I told Mariapaula to send all the footage to Rafael. I would have edited the footage if I had any type of editing software or a computer. Rafael doesn’t have an Apple computer and he uses Sony Vegas Pro so he had to start the entire film from scratch because the softwares aren’t compatible. This didn’t make me feel bad or mad because I knew it was for the good of Mariapaula. This was a group project after all and we had to share the workload. However, I honestly don’t think we intentionally pushed the work on Mariapaula at all. At the end of the day she had put herself under a lot of stress on her own will and did things before the rest of us had a chance to. What I’ve just said may have sounded a bit aggressive but I’ve been in her shoes before and I didn’t mind taking her out of the whole she had dug herself in. I’m not saying I’m angry with her for voluntarily taking on most of the workload, but I wish she hadn’t done it and had thought about herself a bit more. At the end of the day, we don’t have control over everything in our lives and have to learn our limits. I believe Mariapaula has now learned hers and in the future she can learn from this experience. Returning to the main subject of this video, after Rafael compiled all the scenes together the film was way too long. It was roughly 3 minutes long. This began the process of trimming what we have and making big cuts. However, the scene that we had lost didn’t seem significant anymore and Mariapaula was doing much better. I am glad she has now relaxed and is in a much better place. The stress school causes can be a bit much, in the end I hope she will continue to feel better and is in a good mental place.

No comments:

Post a Comment