Monday, April 6, 2020

Editing: trimming and trimming

     Long time no blog! As I mentioned when I last blogged, my group and I had to begin editing from scratch. Rafael did most of the editing this time. When he was done putting all the footage together the video was about two minutes and 30 seconds. What we currently had was 25% more than the maximum amount of time allowed. In all of my past filming projects this has been a problem. As you can see in the screenshot below, he asked us in our group chat what he should cut down. I suggested to cut down the whole first minute. I felt that it was unnecessary long. The scenes in that first minute only included the two of the characters getting ready. I've mentioned in previous blogs that Darwin is very slow. Some of his scenes took up quite a lot of time; for example, when he was brushing his teeth he took up about an entire ten seconds. It might not seen like a lot of time in general but 10 seconds in our film is about 8.3% of the entire film and of the first entire half, that currently consisted of the get-ready scenes, it was 16.67%. Two other scenes that were extremely long were the clothes being thrown on the bed and Darwin getting clothes out of the closet. The scene with Darwin taking out the clothes was about 12 seconds long, even longer than when he brushed his teeth. However, the longest scene that had to be trimmed was when Mariapaula was throwing clothes on the bed which took 25 seconds. Twenty-five seconds is almost a fourth of our video. Because of scenes that were way too lengthy, like the ones mentioned above, I told Rafael he should speed them up or cut them down. After Rafael finished trimming, he sent it back into the group chat. I was quite pleased with it and am very proud to say that my group-mate is a good editor.


No comments:

Post a Comment