Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Remembering the Music Video



     The video that is shown above if the second project I did in my AICE Media studies class. I decided to work with the same people from the music video. We ended up choosing the song "We Are Young." This project was the most stressful of the three. I remember many problems arose when I filmed this project. In fact, I filmed it twice. The first time I filmed it I spent the whole day helping a different group with their project. When it came to filming my groups project, two of them left and I was missing one of my group members. I remember being extremely upset, honestly very passive-aggressive, and tired. I don't like being in front of cameras so I asked Mariapaula, which was apart of a different group, to be the female in the video. Before I did this, I was forced to film a couple scenes with me in them. I can't even put how I felt after that into words. Looking back on that day I'm so glad I didn't feel that way when I filmed my final task. The second time I recorded this, was the complete opposite of the first day. Everyone I needed was there and we actually had fun. As for the final product, I'm not one hundred per cent pleased. There were certain scenes that could've been better. For example, I expected more from the confetti scene, if the camera quality had been better it would be more pleasing to the eye. However, from this project, I learned how important having back-up plans are and how the absence of people you rely on can change your plans. To me, my commercial taught me about filming and this music video showed me something completely different. I'm very glad I did these projects because of the experience I gained off of doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment