Monday, April 13, 2020

Looking Back at the PSA/Commercial

     At the beginning of the year, I did this project. It was supposed to be either a commercial or public service announcement. I picked my group based on the friendships I already had in class. This is the same group I did the music video with. This PSA is 30 seconds long, making an announcement on vaping and why you shouldn't do it. Looking back at it, I wished we would've picked a different topic. We chose this one to make it funny and mostly have fun. However, it proved difficult to fit all that we had planned into 30 seconds. We also could've done a fancier job if we had done a regular commercial.  At the end of the day, filming this PSA was really fun. I learned a lot about the filming process. Most of all I went from knowing nothing about how to use a camera to being a camera-woman. This was probably the most educational and stress-free project I did this year. I would have to be extremely pessimistic to look back at it and only feel regret. However, there are things we could have done better. To me, the biggest problem with this project was the plot. We didn't get to incorporate everything we wanted to so it didn't make much sense. I remember learning how long it takes to film. It also showed me being behind the camera isn't exactly easy. Having to position the camera steadily but correctly oriented proved to be somewhat difficult. It also demotivated me from trying to use crazy angles that I wasn't sure would work. Despite all the negative, I am very proud of this project. I only begin to doubt it when I compare it to the work of others, who didn't even do it on the same subject. What's important is that I learned so much from it and had a lot of fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment