Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Editing: adding the titles

     My group and I are so nearly done with our opening sequence. After all the editing Rafael did, all he had to do was add the titles. When we wrote our story board many weeks ago, we had already decided where and how the titles were going to be placed. Most of what he had to do was just follow what we had already discussed as a team. In our previous plans we decided to add a red letter to one or two titles. He did tell the rest of the team and I that getting a certain red letter in the title proved difficult. He had to layer the red letter over the already existing word. These titles were placed at the end since one of them was "directed by"  and it was placed on the footage of the car driving away. After all, that is what we had discussed before. When he sent the video he had created, I thought it was pretty good. I was overall pretty happy with it. He also sent a message in the chat telling us to let him know of any anomalies. I hadn't noticed anything. However, Mariapaula realized the order of the houses was wrong. He fixed this quickly and matched the house with the corresponding character's scenes. We didn't think there was much to reshoot after we saw the final product because we had already re-filmed scenes we didn't like from the first filming day. There were certain things that could have been better. For example, the establishing shot was a bit shaky. However, with the global health crisis going on right now, none of us plan on going anywhere. We're all still in contact. I've talked to each of my group mates about 2-3 times each week since school has shut down. I feel like the corona virus has really had us very worried. Mariapaula and I have a lot of work to keep us busy and Darwin and Rafael have video games, so I guess we're distracting ourselves in different ways. I will still be uploading blogs in the future. I hope everyone can stay safe during this troubling time. Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment