Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Filming again and again

     I know I said the filming at Mariapaula’s house was done. However, the filming my group and I did at the different location was far from done. In fact, we had to do all of it. After finishing up the scenes at Mariapaula’s house she drove us to the other location. On our way there I could tell she was quite stressed out because the sun was setting and we were running out of daylight. The first scene I shot at the next location was the establishing shot of the other house. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a tripod with me and it was somewhat windy that day so the establishing shot ended up shaky. Next, I filmed the car pulling up to the house. This surprisingly took many, many shots. I’ve said this multiple times now, but Darwin is not a good actor. He drives extremely slow in some of the shots and sometimes drives too far or not far enough. Backing up to the stop sign was also pretty time consuming. After I finally got a good shot of him driving up to the house, I filmed Mariapaula walking up to the car. It wasn’t a difficult task for Mariapaula, but for me however it was pretty hard to follow her without being too shaky or seemingly too unsteady. Next, came a dialogue scene. For this Mariapaula and I decided that I should film each person talking all in the same shot. I got in the car and filmed Mariapaula saying her lines first, one after the other, and then filmed Darwin. This got done quite quickly because Darwin only had about two very short lines. However, while I was filming Mariapaula, Darwin and Macy kept talking in the front seat and I had to constantly ask them to be quiet because I was going to film. I could tell this bothered Mariapaula, just like it bothered me. After this scene, we were pretty tired and were glad to be nearly done. All I had to do after was film Darwin driving away and we were finally done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment