Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming: the continuum

      I’m bringing to you my experience with the second part of filming. During this section my team and I filmed in Mariapaula’s bedroom. First, we filmed the scene of her throwing her clothes on the bed. Next, I filmed her on the phone. Mariapaula on the phone is also one of the only two scenes with dialogue that will be in our film. Moving on, the scene where Mariapaula (Caroline) is throwing clothes on the bed took quite a couple shots. I set the camera up on her night stand to get a good angle of the clothes falling. Her dog Milo (which can be seen in photos below) also proved to be a little bit of a challenge. He is usually not allowed on Mariapaula’s bed and didn’t seem to want to stay on it while we were filming. However, he is an extremely obedient and calm dog since he ultimately and quickly gave into our demands with treats. In some shots clothes fall directly on him and he doesn’t flinch. This scene might be a bit too long for our opening sequence but because of the way it was filmed it can be edited to start at any point and end anywhere as well. 
        Secondly, I filmed Mariapaula/Caroline on the phone. This scene proved somewhat difficult to film simply because it contains dialogue. Everyone in the room had to be silent and Mariapaula had to talk. Later on, if my group and I decide that we don’t like the audio in the clip we might include a voiceover. To continue, Mariapaula kept forgetting her lines. It also proved difficult to bring able to hear herself on the phone, since the phone on the call was in the same room. It took quite a couple shots to get her to say the right lines and she still couldn’t say them until we put a teleprompter on the nearby desk. Another obstacle I found while filming was getting the camera to zoom out at a perfect speed. It’s something I’ve done before, but this time I had to zoom out and move and the same time. I feel like in the end I did a good enough job, I’m obviously no professional. Hopefully the next time my group and I film we will finish filming the entire opening scene. 



No comments:

Post a Comment